Before closing your pool for the season, going on holiday, or just when you know you won’t be using it for a few weeks, simply run through the below tasks.
The information stated within this document is for reference only, and is not intended to be used as a basis for exact pool and pool water maintenance. Please contact us for exact maintenance requirements and to set up a schedule for your specific pool.
- Test and adjust Calcium Hardness
- Test and adjust for Total Dissolved Solids
- Test the total alkalinity, which should be in the range of 120-150 ppm.
- Chemically clean the filter
- Visually inspect tile, grout, sealant, and other exposed elements of pool
- Conduct Langelier Saturation Index evaluation and adjust as necessary
- Test your salt levels if you have a saltwater pool
- If you have a vinyl liner – check for holes and tears and make any needed repairs as soon as possible
- If you have a concrete or fiberglass pool, check for cracks
- Check the seals in your motor and pump
- Check all handrails, steps and other safety equipment to be sure that it’s in proper working order